great extension

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #277 by Ivo
great extension was created by Ivo
Hi,

Thanks for this great extension. I have a couple of question and suggestions.
- On my android just closing and reopening does not update the app. I need to use the update posiblity from my apk installer to renew the app. An update button inside the app would be great.
- is it correct that only Custom Pages are shown offline as well. That's nice but page 1 shows a offline "null" error and page 2 does not. A consistant offline message would be nice preferable wone which can be customied via joomla.
- i assume that allo other menu items/pages are from a tecnhical point of view are using the internal app browser (since it picks up the webste css) , correct?
- why are there only 2 custom pages for offline display? Would be awesome to have unlimited items via repeatble subforms which will clean up the drwaer menu layout in the admin anyway and it will add better offline experience as well.

Well thats it for now, again great functionality guys.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #297 by AppsConda ApS
Replied by AppsConda ApS on topic great extension
Technically, there are some things that needs to be in the compiled app, like, icon, etc. The change of those things needs recompilation.

Yes, this app is supposed to work online only as it needs to access your Joomla website.

It uses native components for several pages and webview for the webview-pages.

OK. We will consider adding more custom pages in future.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #300 by Ivo
Replied by Ivo on topic great extension
why wont you in case of news items fo example store json data locally? Without offline functionality it's bascically a downgrade compare to a PWA unless the whole point of this is being able to say "Yo i'm in the app store".

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #301 by AppsConda ApS
Yes, getting it on the AppStore is the top priority. That's very important objective for this app.

It already stores data (for the news items) locally once it gets it from online. But that is available only during that session of the app. It will again need internet if you restart the app. That's intended.

The main point is, if you want an offline app, this is not for you. This is based on the Joomla website, and hence, will require internet to function.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #302 by Ivo
Replied by Ivo on topic great extension
ok than we can agree to disagree, to me it would make more sense to only load new data if available.
Is it possible to remove all "null" on screen with a standard "offline message" on all items. Now on custom page 1 i get null on custom page 2 "could not connect to server"
On a webview "please connect to the internet for better experience"?

Prefearable last one or even better customizable via admin

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #303 by AppsConda ApS
Yes, that offline message part.... we are already working on it.

Time to create page: 0.390 seconds